Nominal Total Thickness: .093” (2.3 mm)
Width: 6’ (1.8 m)
Roll Length: 90 ft. (27m)
Square Feet per Roll: 540 (50 m2 )
Roll Weight: 186 lbs. (84 kg)
May be used under hardwood flooring, laminate flooring and ceramic tile.
May also be used under luxury vinyl tile, solid vinyl tile and vinyl composition floor tile when used in residential applications only.
Not recommended for use under resilient sheet flooring or under hardwood flooring fastened with nails or staples.
Not recommended for use under luxury vinyl tile, solid vinyl tile or vinyl composition floor tile when used in commercial applications or areas subjected to heavy foot traffic and caster action.
RECOMMENDED AREAS OF USE
Single and Multi-family housing
Quiet-Cor has been tested according to ASTM E-492 (Standard Test Method for Laboratory Measurement of Impact Sound Transmission Through Floor-Ceiling Assemblies Using the Tapping Machine). Tests were performed by an independent accredited laboratory and were performed using a floor-ceiling assembly.
An Impact Insulation Class (IIC) value of 50 or higher is generally accepted. Please contact the Technical Service Department for more information.
Location: Below, on and above grade concrete, above grade plywood.
Adhesive: If the finished floor is a fully-adhered product, Quiet-Cor must be fully adhered to the substrate. If the finished floor is a floating floor, Quiet-Cor does not need to be adhered.
Trowel Notch: 1/32” (0.8mm) deep x 1/16” (1.6mm) wide x 1/32” (0.8mm) apart.
Seam Method: Lightly butt factory edges together. If edges are damaged, overlap factory edges approximately 1” and double-cut. Place masking tape over entire length of seam. Use packaging tape to tape seams if using to reduce moisture vapor transmission.
• Keep material rolled face out on a sturdy core until time of installation.
• Subfloor must be clean, smooth and level.
• Maintain room temperature, flooring and adhesive at 65°F (18ºC) for 48 hours before, during and after installation.
• Unroll Quiet-Cor with the vinyl side down and felt side up.
• Position first sheet along starting wall. Trim excess material along adjacent walls. Lightly butt the edges of adjoining sheets and cut each sheet to fit until entire room is covered. Offset seams from any subfloor joints approximately 12”.
• Place masking tape over entire length of seam. Use clear packaging tape to tape seams if using to reduce moisture vapor transmission.
• If the finished flooring is to be adhered, Quiet-Cor must be fully adhered. After Quiet-Cor is adhered, roll in both directions with a 75 lb. (34kg) sectional floor roller.
• Finished flooring shall be installed according to that manufacturer’s recommendations.